By Cal Meacham
Not a lot needs to be said when Touch and Go decided to release a box set of one of the greatest albums of all time. I am still giddy with excitement as I wait for the arrival of my copy! Super limited to 3,138 and a handful of them have a signed book (by all of the band members).
Pre-Order here – Link
Here are the details
- Hand numbered limited edition of 3,138 copies.
- Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by Bob Weston and pressed on 180 gram vinyl
- Fourteen previously unreleased outtakes & demos personally selected by Slint, mastered by Bob Weston, and pressed on two 180 gram vinyl albums
- 104 page book with over 100 never-before-seen photos documenting Slint’s entire history, as well as lyrics to the songs on Spiderland, and a forward by Will Oldham
- Remastered Spiderland on one CD, and the 14 bonus songs on a second CD
- Breadcrumb Trail, a brand new, never-before-seen, 90 minute DVD documentary about Slint and the making of Spiderland; directed by Lance Bangs
- Packaging concept and design by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (of Temporary Residence fame)
- Pre-order the Spiderland Box Set before March 8, 2014 and receive a free T-Shirt created from the recently discovered silk screen Slint used to hand print their one & only 1989 tour T-shirt. These shirts will only be available with box set pre-orders on this site. They will not be sold separately or in stores.
- There is a limited quantity of box sets signed by all four Slint members. These signed box sets are only available from this Touch and Go Records pre-order web page
- All packaging printed in the USA at Stoughton, including heavyweight, “tip-on” gatefold LP jackets
- All three albums pressed at RTI in the USA on 180 gram vinyl