by Eight Thirty Seven
Since football is now over, we’ve been a little short on content here at FOH. I’ve scaled back the interviews a great deal, and this website is definitely headed in a different direction in the immediate future. We’ll get to that in later posts, but for the moment the weekend is coming up and for a lot of us that means a trip to your local watering hole is just around the corner.
Every great bar usually has some specialty shot that they have either invented, or that has been suggested by one of their patrons. I’ve seen some pretty creative concoctions over the years, but this past week I became aware of what has to be the most brutal mixed drink I have ever witnessed someone consume: The Buckster.
Some of these “specialty” drinks are pretty much what you’ve come to expect from individuals who typically stay on the safe side of the alcohol experience. Mixing Red Bull and Jagermeister doesn’t really prove that you have balls, because that’s only two ingredients and both of them taste terrible. That’s not risk….this is risk. Without further ado, here are the ingredients to this soon-to-be legendary mixer:
- One part Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey
- One part Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- One part Absolut Vodka
- One part Tequila Rose
- One part Peppermint Ice Hole
That’s it. No beer, no energy drink, no juice, no bullshit. I don’t have an image for this drink, but because of the Tequila Rose it appears to be very white and almost resemble milk when placed in a clear plastic cup.
Although I did not take advantage of the opportunity to take part in this surefire party-starter, I have put together a very short list of suggestions on how to go about taking on The Buckster firsthand.
- If you’re going to have more than one of these, make sure you have a ride home.
- Stir thoroughly. (I can’t stress this enough. I have been told by someone who I consider to be a thoroughly reliable source on all things alcohol that if not stirred, this thing will get chunky really quick, and will look similar to cottage cheese in a glass if left unattended for several minutes…)
- Drink it all at once. From what I’m guessing, this probably isn’t best enjoyed sipped intermittently. If you’re gonna go, go hard and slam that shit in one swat.
One of the reasons I’m posting this is because I don’t go out often, but when I do I’m always surprised at the amount of mixed drink additives I see behind both bars. About six months ago I met someone up the street from where I live to discuss some business, and I watched a grown man order a Butterscotch Schnapps on the rocks. Swear to God. If you’re going to do that, please have some respect for the rest of us and do it at home. I don’t drink much, but when I do I pretty much make sure the next day I won’t do it again. In other words, schnapps is never part of the equation and yours truly usually goes all out.
If nothing else, when you’re out tonight go ahead and try to talk your bartender into pouring you one of these just to see the look on his or her face when you explain what it is. Let’s get this to go national and perhaps further. It’s high time somebody began taking nights out seriously, and this should prove to be an explosive way to kick off your weekend.